Spicy Cajun Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used thighs in picture above but this is a healthier option)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 - 1 tsp cayenne pepper (depending on how spicy you want your chicken)
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
1. In a small bowl, combine your salt, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper and oregano. Mix together to create your cajun seasoning.
2. Rinse your chicken breast and place in a large bowl. Add in your lemon juice and olive oil and coat the chicken completely.
3. Next add in your seasoning, ensuring the chicken is fully coated. For best results, leave this to marinate overnight.
4. Add in some more olive oil onto a large cast iron skillet and allow to warm over medium heat. Then add in your chicken breast.
5. Grill chicken for 6-10 minutes on each side until cooked through and golden. Time will be dependent on the thickness of the chicken.
6. Remove from heat and serve with your favorite side dish.