20 minute shrimp tacos
2lbs shrimp (peeled and chopped)
1 tbsp avocado oil
1 large onion (chopped)
1 small scotch bonnet pepper
1 medium sized tomato (chopped)
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1-2tbsp old bay seasoning (to taste)
1.5 tbsp onion powder
black pepper (to taste)
3 medium sized avocados
1 large tomato (chopped)
1 tbsp lime juice
1 medium chopped onion
1 tsp onion powder
salt & black pepper to taste
Plain Greek Yogurt (tip: this is a great healthy alternative to sour cream)
Shredded cheese of choice
1. Peel, devein and chop the shrimp and place into a large bowl. Add the onion powder, old bay seasoning, black pepper and mix well.
2.Next add the avocado oil to a pan on medium-low heat. Add in your scotch bonnet pepper along with the tomato, cilantro and chopped onion. Sauté until golden. (Tip: If you don't like spice, add in the scotch bonnet pepper whole. This will simply add flavour without releasing heat. If you want your shrimp spicy, go ahead and chop up the pepper before sautéing to release the seeds)
3. Add the shrimp to the pan and mix well. Allow the shrimp to cook for about 6-8 minutes or until the shrimp is orange.
4. While the shrimp is cooking, place your avocados into a bowl and mash together with the lime juice. Add in your chopped tomato, onion, onion powder, salt and black pepper.
5. Optional: In a separate pan, add in 1/2 tsp of avocado oil on medium heat. Add in your tortilla and cook on each side until golden (approximately 30 seconds - 1min). Repeat for each tortilla.
6. Place shrimp onto each tortilla and top with guac, Greek Yogurt, salsa, shredded cheese, cilantro, tabasco sauce and lime.